URL Shortener That Does Website Sharing and Tracking

 As affiliate marketers, we know that those affiliate referral links can be very long. We also know that we have to market what we are promoting on micro-blogging engines like Twitter, and wherever there is a popular social networking site that has a status update field. Facebook allows status updates. Space is limited, and many of these long URLs, or website domain names, take up all or part of that limited space. I use Bit.ly to shorten my website referral links.

There are many URL shortening services, but with Bit.ly the URL is shorten more than what would occur with other services, plus, the shortened website domain name does not expire. It is your shortened URL to keep forever.

There is more to Bit.ly than just being a service that shortens website domain names. On the bit.ly website, the shortened URL can be shared with Twitter. You just click the "share" button under the link. Along with the shortened URL, a message can posted as well. When you click the "copy" button, the website address goes to the posting field on Bit.ly. I have all my Twitter accounts listed on Bit.ly, so I can select from the pull down menu which Twitter account I want to post my URL and message.

Another cool thing about Bit.ly besides being an awesome URL shortener service, is that I can track number of clicks on all my shortened URLs, and see what countries the clicks are coming from. I can see how many click per country listed. That tell me something important. Are people visiting my websites from Canada, India, English, or mostly from the United States. There is a "info" button under each stored URL on Bit.ly that gives this information in both graphs and text. Such a useful page. I can see what referral links are reaching more people, and therefore adjust my marketing strategies as the case may require.

I spend so much time on Twitter, and now, with this website shortening serving, I can actually see what tweets are in twitterverse relating to any of the websites that have shortened Bit.ly URLs, which I have saved. Now, I know what Twitter users are saying about my referral links, or blogs.

There are tools on Bit.ly that are great additions to this URL shortening service. I like the Bit.ly sidebar. I can visit a website, and pull out the sidebar. The sidebar automatically puts the website name into a short website name, and underneath that, I can post a message to Twitter, Facebook, or Gmail, with the shortened website domain already populated in the posting box. That is so cool.

All affiliate marketers need a URL shortening service in their affiliate marketing toolbox. This will make affiliate life easier, and useful. With Bit.ly you can share, store your URLs, track number and location of clicks, and feed posts to all your Twitter accounts. You may use a different URL shortener, but I will stay with Bit.ly.


If you need any kind of information this topic click here : Short links

Comments

  1. very interesting , good job and thanks for sharing such a good blog.
    personal injury attorney Nashville, Nashville car accident lawyer, best auto accident attorney Nashville, workers compensation attorney Nashville, paraquat lawyer Nashville.
    personal injury attorney Nashville
    Nashville car accident lawyer
    best auto accident attorney Nashville
    workers compensation attorney Nashville
    paraquat lawyer Nashville

    ReplyDelete
  2. very interesting , good job and thanks for sharing such a good blog.
    Kampala International University is a leading international private university in Uganda offering world class learning to students around the world.
    Kampala-KIU Kampala

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What to Do When Your URL Shortening Provider Goes Out of Business